samedi 14 mai 2011

THE CHANCES I TAKE

For Minnette

By Tikum Mbah Azonga

I like strangers
Yes, I do
And I make no bones about it
I am prepared to wine and dine with them
Even if it means treading where angels fear to dare
You may say I’m spreading myself out too thinly
So be it
After all, he who ventures nothing, gains nothing
And life is never a bed of roses, anyway.

Do I like debaters?
Of course, I do
Because I firmly believe that to get it you must work for it
Life is not only about Bethlehem
It’s also about being fair and paying one’s fare
Although I may criticize sorely
I do so in good faith for we can’t afford to live life dreamily
Whatever we do must fit
So that for ever we don’t lose the silver lining
If we do, then what on earth will ever again hold sway?

Copyright 2011

Aucun commentaire: