dimanche 20 décembre 2009

THE TWO-LETTER WORD

(For Felicia)

By Tikum Mbah Azonga

Thank you
Or as we say in Baforchu, "miyaka"
That's all I can say for now
This life is so full of surprises
I can't tell what next I'll meet on the way
That's why it's never good to say,"never"
For who knows what the next minute holds in store
Except God, of course
The omnipresent, the omniscient, the omnipotent.

Let's then rise and sing the song for two
Whether we're in New York or Muyuka
Let's each make a solemn vow
That henceforth we'll dump our vices
And for the Almighty alone, make hay
Let's not pretend to be clever
I know my cat's pore
As a journalist and Capricorn, I strive to stay the course
That's why in the end when I depart God will be present.

copyright 2009

4 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Unknown a dit…

Thank You TMA for this one. I also learnt "to dance like no one is watching you" and "to live like there is no tomorrow". Adding 'Thank you' to my Moral Vocabulary will go a long way to make me live a good life. Thank You once more.

Tikum Mbah Azonga a dit…

Thanks Felicia. Keep reading and commenting. I will also keep writing and posting on the site.

TMA

Sidouane a dit…

i have a passion for poetry.It touches my heart and moves my soul.For everything i've read and learnt,i use the two-letter word.'THANK YOU'