samedi 16 janvier 2010

A SCOPIC VIEW OF THINGS

(For Magdalene)

Par Tikum Mbah Azonga


I will still have to think
And think I will
For nothing is more paramount than thought
Especially when your place of work is called `Paramount`
Of course, thinking is nothing new
Or novel to the Cancerian manager
Whether what you have in mind is
Gastronomic, endoscopic, microscopic or just magdoscopic
The fact remains that the task at hand, I bet you
Is Herculean, mammoth and demanding.

Yet with God being my helper, I won`t blink
Everywhere and at all times, I`ll do his will
Because without him my paramount dream will be naught
My God is my fortress, my refuge and my fount
He will guide me towards upholding Paramount without due
Even if I have to lay all in a second manger
I know daily I must deliver the goods without miss
And the establishment must make profits quick
But I have no magic wand, even if I look blue
I know I’ll be ready on the day of reckoning.

Copyright 2010

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

when you talk your work been a paramount what do you mean by that.Djomo Gaelle

kiven a dit…

You have looked at life from a religious stand point, and i think the writer is simply letting us know that in life, God is the sole proprietor and nothing can be done without his aid and assistance

Tikum Mbah Azonga a dit…

GAELLE

The word, "paramount" is an adjective which means, "supreme, dominant, prime, chief, top overriding, vital ". In addition, Paramount is the institution in which the character in the poem works.

TMA
KIVEN

That`s right. God is the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega.

TMA