lundi 18 janvier 2010

A LOSS TOO MANY

By Tikum Mbah Azonga

Wasn’t it here?
It was here, right here
It was here that I left it.
Here, still fresh and unsheathed
Still blue and green and virgin
Pure
Unadulterated
Undefiled
Unsoiled
Immaculate
And spotless.

That was only a while ago
So, tell me
If man wasn’t vile
Sadistic
Macho
Chauvinistic
And greedy
Then why wouldn’t it still be here
Pure
Unadulterated
Undefiled
Unsoiled
Immaculate
And spotless?

But it’s not here now
Not here anymore
It’s gone
Gone for ever
Gone for good
What shall I then tell the queen?
That I lost it?
That someone stole it?
That I forgot it in the shop?
That I sent it to the newly married prince?
That it was confiscated by the Boar me?

I’m afraid that whatever I say
She won’t believe me
I know her
I know here only too well
It’s another nail
Yes, another one in the coffin of my already
Battered, beleaguered, decrepit, besieged
Relationship with her
I must now seriously
Brace myself for the worse
With her, anything can happen.
I know that.

Copyright 2010.

Aucun commentaire: