samedi 2 janvier 2010

A BOUQUET OF FLOWERS FOR YOU

By Tikum Mbah Azonga

(Birthday wishes for my daughter, Lum Mbah Azonga, as she celebrates thousands of miles away in the United Kingdom.)


We walk by faith, not by sight
And that’s a home truth as stark as an open book
Without faith we can only grope in the dark
Never knowing where we are or where we go
It is faith, the deep conviction in the unseen of every day
That has led me this far.
Faith to us must be a celestial mustard seed
Connecting us the lower beings, the microcosm
To the higher being, the macrocosm and ultimate Light
Like some kind of astral connector.

Today, I am nineteen like a teen bearing the night light
And for that I say “tanks a million”, with a most blissful look
To all my Facebook friends in or out of the park
For all the good wishes showered on me so
Among teenagers, I’ll soon be the doyen, the dean, some day
Then this time next year I’ll be the rising star
Having climbed up by a notch to twenty, in word and in deed.
As a Capricorn – and Jesus was one – I know no spasm
Just last night, I dreamt my dad sent flowers ever so bright
From Cameroon, with the golden inscription, “I love you.”

Dad

Copyright 2010

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ARREAS TO YOU, LUM. A GREAT FAN AND STUDENT OF YOUR FATHER, chowaing.

--
Sent on a phone using T9space.com

Unknown a dit…

this poem is simply beautiful and touching.it got me so emotional probably because i identify with the age and dreams of the character,i wish my daddy could do something like this for me... Meni Lina Grates

Tikum Mbah Azonga a dit…

Thanks.

TMA

Anonyme a dit…

I like your articles because of its varying themes like Religion,Love,and even politics.

Tikum Mbah Azonga a dit…

Thanks for the comment.

Unfortunately it was anonymous. It`s always good to sign comments so that we know who is speaking.

TMA