mardi 9 mars 2010

UNIVERSAL TRUTH

(For Kwe)

By Tikum Mbah Azonga


Friendship and jealousy
Are children of the same mother
And that’s a fact, it’s so
Whether one is from Goulfey
Or Yokadouma
Or Idenau
Or Bafmeng.

One is light and the other heavy
One makes you smile, and the other totter
You may call one, Alfonso
And the other, Whitney
But don’t take me for a drummer
I’m only the standard bearer from Bissau
On my way to my native Bafmeng.

Copyright 2010

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Tikum Mbah Azonga, I am happy to learn in one of your poems that you are from Bafmeng.I will please like to get a confirmation of this .
I am From Bafmeng myself and a Student of Accounting in the University of Buea

Tikum Mbah Azonga a dit…

Hi,

Thanks for your comment.

I am from Baforkum, a small Baforchu village located near IRAD Bambui in Tubah Sub Division.

But I know about Bafmeng. I know you people have the most handsome Fon in the North West.

The reference to Bafmeng in the poem was only for poetic effect.

I am at JMC and my office is Room 008.

Regards

TMA